Saturday, April 7, 2012

MY POEMS #8 'Depressed'


Depressed
By Jesse Young (2012)

I am depressed, it hits - unadorned fact.
So what to do? To rouse my mind unwilling?
Give in or fight? Join a suicide pact?
Convince myself that life can be fulfilling?
The role of choice and will in this I ponder,
How much control do I possess? I wonder.
Lacking the tools, can I go on lying?
If the illness is worse than I can cope..
Thoughts now creeping - am I nigh on dying?
Not quite ready to abandon hope.
What of memories dear, dampened, lost?
Depression may exact a heavy cost.
A life less lived, diminished, a farce.
Stuck in the shadow of my own potential.
Am so far gone, how did this come to pass?
Medical intervention essential.
No help at hand to push me through that door,
Depression left again my heart to gnaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment