Saturday, April 7, 2012

MY POEMS #3 - 'Simple Love Rhyme'


Simple Love Rhyme
or
(The pretty indispensable curious alluring atypical novel puzzling illusory extraneous paroxysm-inducing preoccupation of a creature.)
By Jesse Young (2007)

Apple of my eye,
Dissolve the floodgates of my heart.
Diamond of my sky,
It’s through you; I channel my art.
Soother of my soul,
Coddle me with kisses.
I am your devoted foal,
Even if it’s hit and misses.
Our passions spent,
On a heart shaped box,
Sweetly content,
In mismatched socks.
I offered a pair of mittens,
In snappy winter snow,
You gave me three kittens,
So this of you I know...
Throughout the beating squall,
That tempest we cower to see,
You’ve possession of me whole,
Assuage all strife that burdens me.
Carve our names into a tree,
An august picnic under the willow,
It’s love that rends us free,
Your face buried in my pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment