Friday, April 13, 2012

MY POEMS #10 'On a bad day'

'On a Bad Day'
By Jesse Young (2012)

Exhale a sigh, roll of the eye, this again, wonder why?
Familiar groove, take the same move, tell me, what does this prove?
Positions locked, preempt & mock, the other; knock.
Battles so old, too often retold, play out & unfold.
You're never heard, your view; absurd, there's no point.
Why won't I listen, 'I can make it my mission' forget it.
Much like before, slam of the door, I know what's in store.
Tactics employ, to hurt & destroy, you annoy; sometimes.
Simple excuse, to mask plain abuse, I tie my own noose.
Maturity? When...don't depend - on me, as a friend even.
Push it too far, love soon to mar, and the stars; fade slowly.
Your eyes hit mine, once so sublime, borrowed time; all I find.
Thinly veiled, love's stale'd, resentment, tedium.
Where is the fun? Has its course run? Too long; devoid of sun.
Inertia prevents, sudden events, agony; dying love.
Simply just fear, so keep you near? Or love's yet here..where steer?
Do I stay still, day fill; it with you, for reasons few?
Dark is the hue, my entire view, this feeling not new...Maybe it's true?
Poem's a chore, all like before, nothing grows, too damn sore.
Too lazy to write, poetical flights, bulk of my might; to this plight.
Too bare to care, barely aware - take a chair; sit & stare.
I am tired, nigh expired, never fired; never wired.
Dull dull dull dull, null null null null,Cull cull cull cull, consciousness end.

No comments:

Post a Comment